The pressure of labels and figuring out your identity
Welcome to the eighth S3XtheorywithDemi & Friends episode! In this episode, Demi is joined by Grace Latter (she/they) to discuss the pressure and comfort of choosing labels within the LGBTQ+ community. Grace and Demi discuss their own journeys with labels, what ‘queer’ means to them, the misconceptions of labels and end with some top tips for those trying to figure out their own identities.
Grace Latter, she/her, Writer, model, encourager! Queer af.
What you will find in this episode:
- What are ‘labels?’
- Grace’s identity story
- Demi’s identity story
- What ‘queer’ means to both Grace and Demi
- Where does the pressure of labels come from?
- Feeling validated with the use of labels
- Queer but in a straight-presenting relationship
- Labels being convenient for others
- Demi discusses their favourite book – The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson
- Advice for those who are figuring out their gender identity or sexuality?